{the 'Sow's ear to silk purse' garage project}

I spent a whole day during the week cleaning and organising my shed/garage into a more usable and workable space. Years of collected dust and spiderwebs made it a less than appealing space to want to work in let alone feel creative in. I have high hopes though for my little fibro shed after evicting the spiders that had taken to squatting in it and filling the dustbin with enough dust to make the Sahara jealous.

I have great intentions of turning my 'Ugly Duckling Shed' into something a little more pretty and inviting, but have you ever heard the saying, "You can't make a silk purse out of a Sow's ear"? Something makes me think I might be over estimating my abilities with this little project. I'll be doing well if I can just keep it tidy for more than a day, especially after coming home from a job with another boot full of plastic pots I refuse to throw away to landfill...

I'm a little bit too embarrassed to show the 'Before' images just yet so will just share what I would like it to look like 'After'!

Organised and lovely potting area
via: Simply Fabulous Garage
Loving the red floor and timber work bench!
Via: California Closets
Love the stable door! One of these has been on my wish list for ages. And always a fan of the Butler's sink!
Image: Dana Gallagher for Country Living
Loving the organisation, the tools and those YeLLoW!! gumboots!!
Image: Dana Gallagher for Country Living
Perhaps a little more within my budget and capabilities
Image: Andrew McCaul for Good Housekeeping
Swoon worthy florist area!
Via: Sweetpea's, Toronto
With an exterior like this who wouldn't want to go inside?
via: Tiny House Design
So that's my little wish/dream list, I'll keep you posted on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment